Hi Steve

> Thanks, Jeremy. Yes, works perfectly! You've made my day!! I'll get to work
> on macros, that I can handle. A deserializer is way beyond my skills (and
> only vaguely within my comprehension.

Great, I hope it does the trick.

A deserialiser, by the way, is a JS module that extracts tiddlers from a block
of text. The same deserialisers are used in the browser during the import
process, and under Node.js by the --load command.

> This will help me and others who need bibliographic management within
> TiddlyWiki, and allow us to move TW forward as a serious academic tool,
> including being able to write (and publish) journal articles, books, etc.
>
> 40 minutes! It took me 3 days to figure out that I should import a .bib file
> directly :). Again, thanks, and I'll get on with testing the pre-release
> version ...

I think there's a bit more work needed. The field conversion done at the moment
doesn't make any attempt to extract tags, for instance.

When you've had a chance to play around it would be helpful if you could map
out a more useful mapping, and we'll figure out a way to configure the
conversion process.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/83134A8E-5F9D-4CF9-9E20-F9976FB6872F%40gmail.com.