On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 1:01:43 PM UTC+1, Tobias Beer wrote:

> Hi Mario,
>

>> Just use the built in mechanism, like this:
>>
>> <<list-links filter:"[prefix[J]]" class:myClass>>
>>

> Of course, it's the simplest way and the one to make this particular case
> work atm.
>
> However, this somewhat counter-intuitively forces us to have the wikitext
> parsed in inline mode and then address the style of that list.

Actually, there is no difference if you have 3 paragraphs rendered or just
one. use these CSS values

margin-top: -13px;
margin-bottom: -13px;

and this text:

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

<<list-links filter:"[prefix[J]]" class:myClass>>

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

The result is the same.

> However, I would very much appreciate a method that would force block mode
> parsing, but still let me specify a class to be applied to a rendered
> paragraph, if only to work for more than just the list-links macro. Atm, I
> wouldn't quite see how that could be done, though.

In this case the paragraphs "have no right" to modify the behavior of the
list. The list needs to define its behavior. If the paragraphs do it, it's
a side-effect, which basically is just "weak" CSS.

IMO the solution is, to completely redefine how the CSS defines margins in
a consistent *and nestable* way. At the moment that's not the case. So we
encounter problems with some edge cases and we need to design workarounds
instead of solutions.

The problem with solutions is: They are not backwards compatible, which is
a no go for Jeremy.

I think, there is no easy way to fix it atm.

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3151027c-23d8-4013-8f8c-f80015232f0d%40googlegroups.com.