There are two ways.

One is to drag and drop the file onto your TW5 file. Wait for the green bar
to appear at the top, drop, and then import from the import tiddler.

This may be OK as long as your PDF is not too big. In general, the larger
the size of your TW5, the less your TW's performance will be (but it varies
a lot with browsers and computer memory).

The other way is to create a tiddler link to the external file.

Create a tiddler with a field _canonical_uri. Put in the local address to
the external file. Set the "type" field to "application/pdf".

HTH
Mark

Depending on your browser this should allow you to see an embedded version
of your file.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8deb6403-f369-4ec4-bf79-49893042572f%40googlegroups.com.