Ahhhh!  Thanks much, Mark!  I saw that documentation, but did not realize
its implications.

So, just to be clear, it's saying?...

   1. look at stuff that's not a system tiddler;
   2. filter anything that's got a "modified" field;
   3. do a reverse sort on the "modified" date;
   4. and then, if the user put some limits on the listing, use those
   limits.

And then what you are saying is that since this is embedded in the timeline
macro, any sort criteria I try to apply to "created" will be to no avail?

Unless... I clone the macro & modfify it to use the "created" field?

Thanks again!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c64227d8-06fc-40aa-ad1f-cc2985767a28%40googlegroups.com.