> On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 2:22:05 PM UTC+3, PMario wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:06:46 AM UTC+1, jarcoug...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> 2) I also would like to edit the import dialog tiddler such that a tag
>>> there is applied to all imports. What does that code look like?
>>>

>> The drag / drop import tiddler area isn't designed, to be used that way.
>>

>>> Plus if I drag and drop highlighted text it should create a new   entry
>>> into the import tiddler each time, right now it automatically overwrites to
>>> a new import tiddler.
>>>

>> The import tiddler is a temporary tiddler, that could be seen as a
>> "staging area" for new tiddlers. At the time, they are listed there, they
>> don't really exist. So there is no UI for eg: tagging, but there could be
>> one.
>>
>> ... What you describe, is an interesting workflow. So we'll have to see.
>>
>> -mario

So there is no UI for eg: tagging, but there could be one.

How would this work? are there system  tiddlers that govern virtual tiddler
layouts? Is it more css magic+ some java? I am saving some small image
galleries, and I want to tag all pics in one gallery/slideshow in one
import.

 I also suffer similar tagging problems in advanced search, as sometimes I
wanna export tiddlers with a certain tag, but only *certain* tiddlers, say,
4 out of a dozen, not all of them. I love the 'search and replace tags'
plugin, it seems that tags and checkboxes go very well wherever they meet
(though, perversely, that plugin needs a 'select all' check box. At least
it gives me confidence in the potential) .

As for the drag n drop, in case you are interested, I got the idea from the
current version of PotPlayer, which has two 'drop' zones-an 'add to
playlist' strip and a 'play now' box. It's decadent; I don't know how I
lived without it before.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ba9618da-d1ca-4d35-86f0-0a1785ec52e1%40googlegroups.com.