I am old enough that I remember a class in university with an
"experimental" set-up that became videoconferencing (Big TV/monitor, with
camera at the ends of tables in different parts of the world).

Now we are doing it with Jed's old laptop and some spare parts that Jeremy
has just lying around.

Someone mentioned having a robot that is controlled through a website built
with TiddlyWiki. I wonder if there is time to enhance that to the point
where it can be used as a shared tele-presence device and enable the remote
people to move around?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/44943115-e80c-40d5-a153-d7d02dc00a57%40googlegroups.com.