TW isn't an indexed, scaleable technology. It has no database engine. Its
performance will suffer depending on the size of the TW and capability of
the hardware.

That said, hardware is continually improving, helping to compensate for
software limitations. On my machine, the practical upper limit is around 10
megs. On a Samsung 3 phone or tablet the upper limit seems around 6 megs.
That's enough for one very large book or a small library of books.

One thing you can do is close out all your tabs and reboot FF so that all
its resources will go to TW. If you pay attention to the Windows Task
Manager, you'll notice that the longer you use FF the more it's memory
hoarding increases. Giving it a clean start may help.

Good luck,
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/933000ed-2eaf-461c-aa9e-905f5e7c06e5%40googlegroups.com.