Jeff Vance wrote:

> I was thinking of what might be a convenient way of taking advantage of
> the drag-and-drop. One that came to mind is when you're writing a document
> and you want to draft each section in a different tiddler. In the writing
> process, you inevitably will need to reorganize sections or insert
> sections. Each section of the document could be tagged by a Table of
> Contents tiddler that lists all the sections in order.  With drag-and-drop,
> it sounds like you could simply drag the order of the sections in the TOC
> and it can save the new order in a field.  Then when you're done, you can
> transclude all the sections in the correct order to export the final draft.

Jeff, that reminds me of TiddlyDocs ! A *very* fascinating project from
many years ago.

Check this out:

Video-intro <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccdw6mzvzwY> by Simon McManus
to the original
<http://demo.tiddlydocs.com/demo/recipes/mydocs/tiddlers.wiki> creation
(sorry, dead link).
Here <http://vanillatiddlydocs.tiddlyspot.com/> is an attempted remake by
me (in TW classic)
.and this <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/3wCOHNLBFhQ>
is a discussion from 2014 that finishes off with @Jeremy talking about DnD
in TW5 that should let us make TiddlyDocs one day!!! ;-)

To have the TW5 ToC macros feature DnD would be fantastic. It would make it
very easy to author stories, papers, articles.. really any linear
document... piece wise.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/17c729f4-75b8-4ce5-846d-6aa54c8bbb4b%40googlegroups.com.