On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 6:31:54 PM UTC-5, Mat wrote:

> Glad you like it :-)
>
> I had to change it a bit - I didn't want it to work via the
>> ViewTemplate, so I hacked off the tag, removed the last div and call the
>> roam macro where I need it.
>>

> Yeah, if I recall, the first version (cherrypicker) had a separate macro.
> The limitation is of course that you can no longer do your "pushing" off
> the cuff as you write and have it appear automatically wherever.

Depends what you mean... I have a set of tiddlers that don't use the
regular ViewTemplate and it's these tiddlers which should receive the
pushes - the normal/standard tiddlers don't require them. Hence...

I removed the ViewTemplate tag
removed the "cherry-area" div
tagged the plugin as macro and renamed it
(Aside: I also renamed the macros to have "attention-" prepended)

Now I can push from anywhere into those "special" tiddlers that need it -
works great.  And of course, if I decide later I actually *do* want them
everywhere, I can re-add the ViewTemplate tag.

> I'd also like to hide the source-push-@ call somehow...
>>

> Yes, this is definitely part of a much extended version I have in mind
> where one should be able to assign arbitrary start and end markers that
> control what happens to the encompassed segment. The markers would be
> visible/hidden depending on which marker it is. For example, we should be
> able to easily highlight text segments without the markers being visible in
> view mode. I guess this can be called "arbitrary parser rules".
>
> What I have in mind would be much smoother if the user could mark a text
> and then *select* markers, perhaps via some text-completion tool. Just
> the other day, I found Simplete <https://github.com/innoq/simplete> by
> none other than Grand TWizard FND! It is not made for TW though. And there
> is Alain Dutechs edit-comptext
> <https://github.com/snowgoon88/TW5-extendedit> which is great already
> with the @ttention plugin... but it is, as far as I know, not maintained
> and I've found some glitches.

Wow, edit-comptext is a pretty sweet tool - (glitches: doesn't work in
Opera/Win7 - no biggy, I use Firefox for TW).

But back to @ttention...

I'm developing an authoring tool for TW5 (I guess it would be better as an
"edition" but I'm not ready yet).  The tools are designed to aid an author
writing a book. Book chapters have titles like "1-010" (chapter 1, section
010) "3-060" (chapter 3, section 060). The name of a chapter-section --
"Jack meets Jill" -- is stored in a subtitle field. (These are the tiddlers
that are typically *not* viewed via the standard ViewTemplate).

In addition, I use specialized tiddlers for things like "plot",
"character", "keystages", "location", "problems" etc. So I have
"1-010-plot", "1-010-location", "1-010-problems" etc.

I already have the ability to add annotations/notes etc "inline" in chapter
tiddlers -- all of which can be controlled (made visible/invisible)
globally and individually. What I've been missing is the ability to
*push*... that's why I jumped on @ttention. For example, if I'm working on
plot and I'm editing "1-020-plot" and I decide "Jack" has red hair instead
of dark brown, I can push the note to 1-010, indeed, *any/all* previous
chapters-sections. This is *extremely* useful and so *direct* it saves a
bunch of searching/opening/editing/saving/closing. So, yeah, thanks again!

I don't know if my use-case makes sense to you... or if it touches on any
of the future ideas you mentioned above (confession: I didn't quite follow
where you were going).

Regards...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/14303d80-9cb9-42ac-9395-8c3ad7ce0c4c%40googlegroups.com.