For all the users having issues with extensions: I found a temporary
solution that is working as a charm.

Instead of Firefox ESR, Firefox Developer, or any old Firefox version, I
prefer to use Unbranded Firefox, a Nightly version of Firefox that allows
unsigned extensions.

See my previous message about this:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/lDICVyMNAPY/Tlvl1tnRAQAJ

Then, in the FAQ section of the same page I referred to in the message
indicated above, do as it says:

What are my options if I want to install unsigned extensions in Firefox?

   - The Nightly <https://nightly.mozilla.org/> versions of Firefox have a
   preference to disable signature enforcement. There are also be special
unbranded
   versions of Release and Beta
   <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing#Unbranded_Builds>
   that have this preference, so that add-on developers can work on their
   add-ons without having to sign every build. To disable signature checks,
   you will need to set the xpinstall.signatures.required preference to
   "false".
      - type about:config into the URL bar in Firefox
      - in the Search box type xpinstall.signatures.required
      - double-click the preference, or right-click and selected "Toggle",
      to set it to false.

I also liked the Unbranded version because I was able to simply unzip it
and use it without installation, it appears to be faster even if running it
from an USB, and you can basically install any extension you want.

Hope this helps,

Alfonso Arciniega

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e94685eb-8f83-4edc-91f3-3f9c72a5f8bb%40googlegroups.com.