I had to go through a few extra steps but my Tiddlyspot wikis (all 2 of
them) upgraded.

I'm on Windows 7 with Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 m.

I didn't follow the proper process. I did the following:

1) opened my tiddlyspot site and used the browser save page to save a local
copy.
2) opened the the upgrade url on tiddlywiki.com
3) drag-and-drop the local saved copy
4) the save button on the upgraded tiddlywiki prompted for a local save
5) opened the locally saved upgraded file
6) added back my tiddlywiki credentials and used the in-wiki save button
(it saved to tiddlyspot)
7) Opened the upgraded wiki from tiddlywiki in a new tab (at this point I
have 3 tabs with the wiki in it (old, local upgraded, new)
8) Confirmed the upgraded wiki seams to work right, re-save it and make
sure it said it worked.
9) close the other tabs.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/469b856d-9377-48a5-8099-678636684535%40googlegroups.com.