Hi everyone!

I had some issues upgrading from 5.1.13 to 5.1.14 on my TiddlyWiki that I
managed to resolve - it really came down to a mistake that I made when I
converted my wiki from a standalone version to a node-based version.  I
wanted to share the process with the community in case others have
encountered this issue, or encounter it in the future.

Symptom:  After running "npm update tiddlywiki" and verifying that
"tiddlywiki --version" output the correct version, I got this error:

$tw.utils.replaceString is not a function

Solution:
It turns out that when I imported my old standalone HTML file into a
node-based wiki, this is how I did it:

$ tiddlywiki new-wiki --init server
$ tiddlywiki new-wiki --load ~/my-old-wiki.html --savetiddlers '[all[]]' out
$ rsync -ar new-wiki/output/out/ new-wiki/tiddlers/

That "[all[]]" filter was my downfall, because it imported tiddlers like
$:/core into my tiddlers directory, and so my wiki was trying to use the
5.1.13 $:/core tiddler after upgrading.  Removing $:/core (and a few other
tiddlers, such as plugins, themes, and state files) fixed my issue.

Another thing I realized that I missed when converting my wiki was that if
you want to install a core plugin or theme on a node-based wiki, do *not *drag
and drop it into your wiki!  Add it to tiddlywiki.info instead - that way,
upgrading your tiddlywiki NPM package will automatically update your
plugins and themes.

I hope that this little postmortem helps others in the future!

-Rob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/793709ca-979f-404c-8195-99b71892baef%40googlegroups.com.