Hi guys,

I agree that google groups have a bad serach engine, although it didn't
hurt me too much. They also lack upvoting/survey system which would be
helpful but rarely that important as far as I can remember the days when I
looked through messages in this group regularly and didn't miss almost
anything. What are the scenarios when the lack of these features really
concern you?

StackExchange is definitely a nice option, I've already committed during
the current commit phase, but SE is not a general-purpose tool, it's not a
place to discuss concepts, release new extensions etc.

The main other candidate is Reddit, if I haven't missed anything. I'm not
familiar with it at all, could you describe what can be done there.. a
subreddit? May be there's some nice introductory video?

My current plan is to release extensions (I've got quite a number of them)
and post about them in the new google group and help others if somebody
posts some "help me" thread. Quite probably I'll be out of reach since 20
of June till 3 of July, so if somebody helps me by becoming a moderator (to
allow non-spam first posts), I'll be thankful. I'd like to post a
(short?)list of my projects there to hear what's interesting for others
(what should I release first) and hence allowing first posts is important.
Or I'll just post that after 3 of July to avoid any confusion.

Best regards,
Yakov.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/807e8197-8b62-4f36-a947-250faf24c356%40googlegroups.com.