And the zip (binary) package will not change the registry. So you can just
delete the files. The msi (installer) package may add something to the
registry and does change PATH, unless you tell it not to. But Node does not
use the registry for normal operation, that I know of. I could be wrong
though.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSQ4p1KBcVv_Zvh%3D2dFQ39W4TLt9jQxX%3DdGotEjYT0a6SA%40mail.gmail.com.