Thanks Danielo,

I empathize with the difficulty of sharing technical knowledge when you are
deeply involved with a technical solution.

What you have said helps. As I understand it then, The conceptual leap I
needed to make here is that the data remains inside the browser,
but recorded on cache disk between sessions, across multiple sessions,
so to access your changes you need to use the same browser, and presumably
the same profile or user in that browser.

However you can externalize your data by connecting to a Data base external
to the browser, be that hosted locally or on the internet.
I will call this an "Established" instance of the NoteSelf TiddlyWiki.

Now, all that remains for me to wrap my head around is the online vs
download method.

Presumably regardless of which you use, they both install "themselves" in
the browser session where you open them,
This would then mean if you copied a local noteself file from one computer
to another and thus/or open it in a different browser session, it would
revert to a "fresh instance".

Presumably If I edit and save the local noteself file (with added content)
using tiddlyfox, then move the file, it will start with the added content +
a fresh instance of changes going forward.

In addition if connecting to an existing database the above "fresh
instances" will in fact be "established instances"

Please tell me if I have got it right, and feel free to reuse my text to
add to the documentation if required.

Regards
TonyM

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ea045a86-04c2-4d7b-950b-8a10987246b0%40googlegroups.com.