Until sometime in the last few months, Safari didn’t support directly
downloading changes; instead one had to right click and save a base64 generated
URL. Safari does now handle the downloads properly, so the standard HTML5
fallback saver now works OK on Safari.

> As far as I am aware, Safari has never had "overwrite saving". To do it you'd
> need an add-on for TiddlyWiki and Safari hasn't got one.

It wouldn’t need to be a TiddlyWiki-specific addon. There are addons for Chrome
that force downloads to overwrite the previous file, and these work well with
TiddlyWiki.

> In addition you should note that ALL standard browsers will cease simple
> overwrite saving by early 2018.

It’s not quite that bad: TiddlyFox will stop working in the latest versions of
Firefox, but those download overwriting plugins will still work.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/A7A21CF1-3218-4C89-9B96-3DAEFE355A45%40gmail.com.