On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 1:17:25 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> IMO if you don't constantly backup your TW you are asking for
> trouble--sooner or later.

That's right. ... 3 weeks ago my win HD died. Luckily I did back up the
data partition some days earlier. Now I have a physical system and 2
mirrored data drives. plus the existing backup solution :)

> I have experienced a couple of macros that ATE MY WIKI.

Then you know what I mean :)

> I'm not sure that the line of defence is to NOT give us The Powerful
> Wizard Of Utility. But, rather, perhaps, to deliver the Wizard with levels
> of warnings ... (1) Do NOT do this unless you have a backup. So don't blame
> me if it eats your Wiki. (2) Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?

That's exactly the point.

As a developer I don't want to do harm. So if I would release a plugin that
can have destructive side effects, I need / want to take care, that the
user knows, what is going on. So it needs to be configurable: Similar to
the "bundler plugin
<https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/bundler/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fwikilabs%2Fbundler%2Fui%2FControlPanel%2Fbundler-config>".

Bundler even doesn't delete stuff, but imports can overwrite existing
tiddlers ...

> There needs to be room for brave people too.

Sure. ... If there wouldn't be murphy's law: "Anything that can go wrong
will go wrong!"

At the moment we don't have a "tm-ask-and-delete-message" needed for your
"(2) Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?" ... At least I think there
isn't. ... So may be we need one. ... But for my personal usage the
security questions would need to be switched off. ... because I hate popups
;)

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/eed70df8-15b5-40ae-b2e5-43cba96363aa%40googlegroups.com.