The problem is that the those items in the nyji language don't have
'english' fields -- they have english1 and english2 fields. You can fix
this in the short term by extending the filter:

[tag[Lexeme]each[english]get[english]]
[tag[Lexeme]each[english1]get[english1]]
[tag[Lexeme]each[english2]get[english2]]  +[addprefix[en-]sort[]]

The complication is ... is there an upper limit to the english[n] fields?

Is there a data-based reason that you couldn't put all the words in a
single english list field (e.g. [[film]] [[dust]] ... etc.)  ?

When you use the filter above, "film" will still not appear because neither
of the words you have for film (chachykmaŋnyki chiwkiŋam) have english,
english1, or english2 fields containing the word "film".

Good luck!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d603309c-c217-42d6-b911-8aa74551e5b8%40googlegroups.com.