Oh? Is that what's meant by Zen node? In another post I got some help from
Jeremy making a similar tool.

Put this code into a tiddler:

<$select tiddler="$:/state/side-edit-tiddler" tag="input">
<$list filter="[!is[system]sort[title]]">
<option value=<<currentTiddler>>><$text text=<<currentTiddler>>/></option>
</$list>
</$select>

<$edit-text tiddler={{$:/state/side-edit-tiddler}}
class="tc-edit-texteditor"/>

Then open the tiddler in it's own window. From the drop down select the
tiddler you want to concentrate on. That's it. Distraction (and edit-bar)
free writing. I'm sure someone could come up with a better version (like
restoring the edit bar) if there was a demand.

Now for some reason, I want to go out and repair a motorcycle.

HTH
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/15d2b3e1-25e9-4068-aecb-b46493359854%40googlegroups.com.