Thomas, thank you very much for this. I will use them!!!

Not that good: I am a bit confused again about how to name the
> Done/Save-and-close button.

IMO they should stay as close to the native non-closing versions as
possible. The main reason is for when showing the button text instead of
the icon. (That said, I do agree that the instinctive term is to "save a
tiddler".)

BTW a nitpick:
It would be better if the icons kept the same dimensions as the other
buttons. I did this little experiment and think it looks pretty good thanks
to your idea to use both gray and black. IMO the X's are visible enough to
instantly differentiate them from their non-closing variants.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9f065528-d101-4a17-a7fd-7af303360584%40googlegroups.com.