Ciao Mark (& Jan)

Mark S: A start. I suppose the use of iFrame makes it unusable. Trouble
> feeding it CSS without hard-coding.

Mark S: A beginning wrapper for Fountain. Not quite sure if there's still
> interest. Oh well.

Oops. Forgot to mention. Use tiddler type text/fountain on Fountain markup
> tiddlers.

I'm *very much interested* in your interest in this--since you understand
the underlying mechanisms I don't.

Let me pre-empt myself---I AM working on some demos that illustrate, I
hope, the issues---by making a few points that in my slowness I will fairly
soon hopefully be able to show...

1 - The question of HARD-CODING v. coding that enables ANY system of markup
to be used at will.

2 - In fact, I'm not sure that "markup" is quite the right word needed. I
suspect what is needed is more like a "*text transformer*" that is
completely agnostic about whether "markup" is present or not.

3 - A mechanism that will allow AD-HOC "markup"---as well as RegEx
transformations that require NO markup at all. The "intelligence" of RegEx
can take you a long way.

4 - A clear separation of the "engine of change" from CSS "styling".

5 - I guess what I am getting at is a more GENERIC process that utilises
RegEx via a global macro (limited to a new Tiddler type to prevent it
"eating-my-wiki"?)

6 - In my fantasy the type could be ...

*text/vnd.tiddlywiki.mss*
Where "mss" stands for "manuscript/s" ...

 --- 'MSS... the original handwritten or typed version of a book, article,
etc, as submitted by an author for publication'
 --- 'They appear to have fallen, with other *MSS.*, into the hands of his
executor.'
 --- 'There are other *MSS.*, but they are all either mutilated or of much
later date.'

Articulating what I am getting at is not so easy so *please ask where
anything is unclear.* I have near finished demos of using the SAME MARKUP
to present a script as both a Stage Play & a Screenplay. I hope to get it
done & show-able subito.

My MAIN point is I DO NOT think this is about yet another fixed,
hard-encoded markup. Though being able to generate schema that appear
hard-coded could be a big plus? Maybe I'm an idiot? :-)

Let me emphasise that your just out Fountain Markup gizmo looks interesting
& very useful and I'm gonna play with it today. I don't want to sound like
I am knocking that in any way, I'm not.

Very best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5aa24623-cd41-4c88-a7c0-3e2891e0aa4b%40googlegroups.com.