On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 4:02:42 PM UTC-6, TonyM wrote:

> Jed,
>
> I see no reason for the plugin to be divided for the solution you have
> given us, however see my coments why I think you may
>

>> This plugin has three distinct parts that I don't know if I should split
>> into separate plugins or not since they don't do much on their own:
>>

>> A file system monitoring component that watches for changes and pushes
>> the changes to connected wikis as they happen, so you don't need to refresh
>> the server.
>>

> Could this be used to monitor and notify the tiddlywiki of other files,
> say to auto catalogue files placed in a folder? I could go a long way with
> this.
>
> A web sockets component that could be used to connect to any web socket
>> server, but for now it only connects the browser to the node process for
>> two-way communication.
>>

> Can we use this to integrate with other solutions and services?

Jed,

Yeah, I'm with Tony on this... BIG +1

I'd certainly like to monitor (watch) folders for other things.  The
results (a message) is posted to TW to announce the event and a button
clicked to send a "start this script" (exec in node?) on the server side
(same machine usually).

THAT would be seriously useful.  I think I read a post here where someone
was asking about running apps using TW as the client.

Any showstopper security issues doing something like this?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1996ae55-8969-4730-8461-dcc2dabffe3f%40googlegroups.com.