This is real hoarding though. Giving it more memory would probably make
things worse. Gradually, no matter how many tabs I have open, the total FF
memory grows. Somewhere around 2g it becomes unstable and crashes if I
don't restart first. Typically I need to restart once or twice a day. By
contrast, I can leave Chrome up for days and it stays down around 300m per
thread. It's looking like the new FF will avoid that problem, but of course
I'm still using it lightly.

It's entirely possible that one or more of the extensions that I'm using is
locking in the memory. The way extensions use memory is part of the reason
for the change, the people at Moz say.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c86d497f-fe75-44ff-b05a-bf31b8175454%40googlegroups.com.