> First off. Try again after a refesh.
>
> Thank you! Strangely enough, the following approach really works: Open TW,
> download Twitter plugin, save, reload (Twitter plugin still doesn't work),
> save TW again, reload => Twitter plugin works. Even the sample tweet in the
> documentation of the plugin only appeared after the second reload. I wonder
> why…

A standard but confusing behaviour of certain plugins is that it takes two
“save cycles” for them to work properly.

The reason is that the plugin hooks into the “save” process itself in order to
pull in Twitter’s scripts. At the point of the first save after downloading the
plugin, it isn’t actually installed, and so doesn’t get a chance to apply it’s
hook. After the reload, the plugin is properly installed and so the save hook
works properly.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/E417EEC0-75E4-4B99-A99F-5541393D9FB0%40gmail.com.