I apologize in advance if this is going to sound like a huge rant. Because
it probably will be.

I've used TW for two years, and for the most part, it has been my journal.
I've created a style guide and image macro to help me with that, and things
have been good. I write three-four times a week or so, year round, and I am
not completing my second year. I have a long list of tiddlers loaded with
journal notes, and a media library with images and even self-recordings
which I grew to like.

Thing is, this is not exactly what a wiki is supposed to be, to me. I know,
I know, it is what you make of it, and if that's a good usage that I feel
comfortable with, what's the problem, right? Well, I'm about to publish my
TW on my website again, and it occurred to me that the technical notes
(those I can actually post) also tend to be personal, and long, and
rant-like. The reason I wanted to put a wiki up is so I have a recording of
the technical things I've been doing (mostly tech related), and share it
with the world... but you see, it's the *idea *of it that I think I've
done, not the actual thing. 90% of the wiki is all personal journal notes.

I went back and read a couple of pages back in tiddlywiki.com. I found a
couple of tools I wasn't aware of, but the website itself is not built in a
way that makes sense to me. I am not sure why. I find interesting bits of
information and tools, but I find that I happen to stumble upon them and
not get to them naturally. I like the general philosophy, pretty KISS-like,
and I want to adopt something of the sort... not sure how though.

Is there anyone here who uses TW to record technical information? Technical
documents? Something you can share? I'm interested in the style, and the
meta-information level, as in, what do you do and *why *do you do it and
how does it make sense to you. I feel a bit lost, not in a scary way, but I
do want my Wiki to start being more technical. For example, I recorded the
"recipe" for my newest site as a category.  You know, things like what
colors I used, what CSS edition I've added and why, etc. With that, I
suddenly had a good document to compare other notes to. It can be anything
really; how to tie shoes, how to make the bed, what is my cleaning
routine... So again, do you guys do anything like that with TW?

Thanks for reading!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c3d6f8b5-e782-40c8-ba97-0b0f17b8de0f%40googlegroups.com.