On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 7:59:20 PM UTC+1, Birthe C wrote:

> The idea i good but for how long?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/8Iso0WoFVMY/62aSH3HNCwAJ

If you click "save" with the beaker browser 0.7.x you will save 2 clones.

 - 1 tw.html ends up in the dat://<hash>, which is stored as a binary file
somewhere on your HD
 - 1 tw.html file, is saved to a so-called "staging-area", which is a
directory you choose.

Similar to TiddlyFox or the browser downloads directory, but it can be *any*
directory. ... *The staging area will be removed with Version 0.8.x* ...
That's, what I wanted to make clear, with my post.

So if you want to explore the stuff, you are fine. ... Just _don't_ rely on
the staging area. ...

In my opinion, single file TWs, with autosave switched off, are still a
good fit, for beaker. ... but the project, that I had in mind
<https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=G9fDICizGIM>, IMO doesn't make
much sense without a staging area. I want to brainstorm -> refactor ->
iterate locally and when the stuff is good enough to be published, I want
to "commit" it.

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/73a10ae1-0110-4187-b8ab-46cdbde65c70%40googlegroups.com.