Ciao Evan

Thankyou.

That's gonna work on one Ledger Tiddler at a time? Is there a way to get it
seeded from a state Tiddler that gets incremented 1 each time that will
always persist? Such that on Tiddler Ledger 2 it picks up numbering from
where Tiddler Ledger 1 left off? Hope this is clear!

Not complaining. Just noting that the method you suggest will not fully
support my use case which needs continuity between ledger pages (i.e. one
Tiddler of transactions per month that continue sequential numbering over
12 "ledger Tiddlers", 1 "ledger Tiddler" per month for a year, each of
which holds multiple sequentially numbered items).

As I look at and think about it more it is an interesting issue.
Spreadsheet support is not quite the same as accounting. They overlap but
are not identical. Accounting deals in discrete periods that are best
handled in chunks like day, week, month or quarter. BUT they also need to
handle cumulative carry-forwards between them and sequential enumeration
that spans more than one of them.

Anyway I'm very grateful for what you done and working on seeing how to use
it well for accounting.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/290250c9-39e4-4295-8a2d-9d9c5a84699e%40googlegroups.com.