I'm using the "Empty Edition" of TiddlyWiki 5.1.15 and generating a static
version of my wiki for hosting on GitHub pages. The command being used is:

tiddlywiki wiki --build

All seems well, but the static images that get generated seem to be corrupt
and end up as broken images in the static site.

I did a bit of digging and noted that the images in the interactive wiki
(I'm using the server version) are base64 encoded embedded binaries.

The output image files are 6 bytes long and contain only the characters
�w^~)�%.

Is this a bug and should I report it to the issue tracker?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3d2b9370-c652-43b9-a331-ce36ca800dc0%40googlegroups.com.