hello @David Allen,

I made a Wiki not long ago with thousands of images and I kept them all
external.

I figured out a way that worked very well for me, by using TiddlyDesktop,
where the *external-attachments-plugin *works

I changed the plugin a bit so that I could specify a path relative to my
wiki file where my images are stored and the plugin used that path to set
the _canonical_uri_, that worked very well, I could import many files at
once

Then I made a button that made a catalogue of all images in a data-tiddler
with the filename and its corresponding path and that deleted all single
tiddlers

I created a macro like <<catalogue-image "name">> and it showed the image

for me this worked on Linux and Windows with the same wiki, when the image
folder's relative path to the wiki file was the same

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/dd70b4f9-f0f6-44dc-9bac-9c6814120791%40googlegroups.com.