If you really want to have 2 fields then just use 2 input fields in your
Input tiddler.

The advantage of the datepicker plugin is that it stores dates in TW5
format. Then you can use a view widget like:

<$view field="myfield" format="date" template="DD. MMM YY" /> to display
the field in your preferred format.

Have fun,
-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6a09ef4c-3357-4b52-8a54-8cb203e88678%40googlegroups.com.