So in my TW I have tiddler in which I mention people's names, either in
content or in a field. There are separate tiddlers containing information
about these people. For example a tiddler's name john would have his
contact information, some background information and how I know him
personally etc. Usually I create a contact tiddler with all the various
fields pre-defined and I just fill in some of them. For example, address,
reference, email, phone etc. But sometimes while writing down an event I
would mention some new names like [[jane]]. Now what I want is that when I
click on [[jane]] from an event tiddler it should create a new contact
tiddler with pre defined blank fields. What would be the best way to do it?

I thought on this line:
Have an edit tiddler template which checks if a tiddler is tagged as
contact. If it is then shows up a button which contains actions which
create the relevant fields if not already existing. So then when I click on
undefined tiddler [[jane]]. Missing tiddler jane comes up. Go into edit
mode to create the tiddler. Tag it as 'contact'. As soon as i add the tag
contact the button shows up which I click to add all the relevant fields in
one go.

I have this template tiddler:

\define my-actions()
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-add-field" $param="address"/>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-add-field" $param="phone"/>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-add-field" $param="email"/>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-add-field" $param="reference"/>

\end

<$list filter="[is[current]tag[contact]]">

<$button actions=<<my-actions>>>
Click to add contact fields
</$button>
</$list>

So this system works, but can this be made better? Can I somehow do away
with the button and trigger the "tm-add-field" message automatically as
soon as the tiddler is tagged contact? or even better create a new contact
tiddler with pre defined fields right from the tiddler link in the other
tiddler mentioning the person's name?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/45b1bed3-3834-4718-8ab5-e530ab4e6cfc%40googlegroups.com.