The Command/Terminal window drives me nuts.  Both Windows and Mac offer
ways to run programs without a Command/Terminal window.  If I were to run
it invisibly, redirecting stdout and stderr to log files...

Does it have to have an orderly shutdown in order to save files?  If I
waited 10 seconds after my last update, could I just kill the process, or
would that lose critical data?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5c676c9f-61e7-4032-bd98-7d8a3a56f474%40googlegroups.com.