I haven't come up with anything that works from a terminal on linux or osx
that causes any trouble, if I try to make a script that wouldn't work in a
terminal than it crashes the wiki. I should fix that, but I don't think
that is the problem you are running into because all the commands you have
shown here shouldn't give any errors when run.

On osx and linux things like ls and mkdir work fine, on OSX the say command
works to read things too. Most of the time I just have it run a bash script
by the path like './script.sh'.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/12c04a6f-4607-4958-a18d-d9e290a07483%40googlegroups.com.