Jed,

I just lunched a batch file and exe successfully without terminating the
console as follows

"e": "C:\Data\batches\runandpause.bat",
T: "notepad.exe"

In fact run and pause did everything, in the console window

echo off
echo Hi
dir c:\
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K
pause
Notepad.exe
echo any key to end
pause

So there is something causing some scripts to terminate Bob not others

I will investigate, I expect we need to "spawn" a Windows command
interpreter rather than execute it in Bobs one if we want to avoid the
catastrophic failures.

Now I have progress.

Thanks

Tony