If we are willing to have the plugin server require more than a static file
server than the twederation extensions I am working on for Bob should work.

I already have wikis being served by Bob on a public facing server and it
is working without trouble. I am currently working on a way for a wiki to
send a POST to that server and get a list of available plugins and then
request a plugin from that list from the server. There are going to be some
more pieces than that to allow access control but that is the general idea.

Going the other way a person could get an account on the server and then
submit content to it using the same thing.

The server would need to run on node but I don't think there is any reason
that the wikis that connect to it would need to be anything special. A
single file wiki running locally should have no trouble connecting.

My hope is that we can set up a server that can act as the public
repository for plugins and code snippets. The biggest problem I have right
now is the social aspects of it. The server is going to require
administration and moderation and it really should be run by someone who is
more consistent than I am. From my experiments with Bob something like a
digital ocean droplet is more than powerful enough to work as the server.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/596de2be-397e-4ef8-8206-523b3fc43743%40googlegroups.com.