Go to https://tiddlywiki.com and click on Edit of any tiddler: in most of
the cases, the (MIME) type of the tiddler is text/vnd.tiddlywiki, but if
you adding a new tiddler, the type is not set (even if the tiddler contains
wiki syntax). What's the purpose of this?

I asking this because the Excise tool (on the editor toolbar) seems to be
usefull, but it works only on text/vnd.tiddlywiki - on a tiddler which has
no type, this button does not appears.

I looked for a "Default type" setting without success so I'm not sure about
setting it up. How should I achieve it, or is there a reason to not adding
type automatically?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/83cf83f4-87e1-45ed-a756-775bc78e5abe%40googlegroups.com.