Mervin,

Let me restate what you want

You want to indicate a date on given tiddlers such that when that date is
the same as today you know. I am not sure what you mean by popup, I presume
you mean will be listed "in your face".

   - I suggest creating a date field "selected-date" on the tiddlers you
   want selected. We can come to how do you enter the date below.
   - Then I would create a list in a tiddler that is in the default
   tiddlers such as home, that lists all of those selected-date tiddlers with
   a date of today.
   However you could make a sidebar tab or menu etc...
   - Then to help make it even clearer I would make a tiddler tagged
$:/tags/ViewTemplate
   that will display a message on any tiddler who's selected-date equals today

How do you select the selected-date?

   - You could just enter a date of the form YYYYMMDD (technically
   YYYY0MM0DD)
   - Since when you enter the date they are likely to be future dated I
   think it would be much easier to install the date picker plugin
   <https://github.com/kixam/TW5-datepicker>

<$edit-date
field="selected-date"
format="YYYY-MM-DD"
fieldFormat="YYYY0MM0DD"
firstday="1"
/>
You could place this any tiddler you what to select the date, or also put
it in a tiddler tagged $:/tags/ViewTemplate with a condition that determins
when it is shown. PS Firstday makes Monday the first day of the week. This
utility shows a nicely formatted calendar to select from or you can enter
directly.

<$list filter="[is[current]tag[task]]" variable=null>
<$edit-date
field="selected-date"
format="YYYY-MM-DD"
fieldFormat="YYYY0MM0DD"
firstday="1"
/>

</$list>
You set the filter to suit. It determines on which tiddlers you can enter a
selected date.

Perhaps in the the same tiddler above you can add this code to indicate if
any tiddler with the selected-date field is today or not. tagged
$:/tags/ViewTemplate
<$list filter="[is[current]has[selected-date]]" variable=null>
selected-date: <$view field=selected-date format=date
template="YYYY-0MM-0DD"/>
<$wikify name=date-now text="<<now YYYY0MM0DD>>">
  <$list filter="[{!!selected-date}prefix<date-now>]" variable=null
emptyMessage="Not today">
    TODAY
  </$list>
</$wikify>
</$list>

Then finally in your home tiddler that comes up when you load the wiki your
could list all tiddlers with a selected-date of today

<h3>Items with a selected-date of today</h3>
<$list filter="[has[selected-date]]">
<$wikify name=date-now text="<<now YYYY0MM0DD>>">
  <$list filter="[{!!selected-date}prefix<date-now>]" variable=null>
    <$link to=<<currentTiddler>> tooltip="Open Tiddler"><<currentTiddler>
></$link><br>
  </$list>
</$wikify>
</$list>

---

Let me know if you want something different.

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b45be994-7527-4b9d-987f-6224c4042621%40googlegroups.com.