Thank you Thomas and Tony. What I came up with combines some of the
inherent powers contained in the Tiddywiki core with other aspects already
present in my Tiddlywiki.  I found the following code:

<$set name="myVariable" value=<<now MM-DD-YYYY>> >

<$list filter="[tag<myVariable>suffix[Tickler]]">
<$transclude tiddler={{!!title}} mode="block" />
</$list>

</$set>

I place this code in a tiddler, which is then included in the Control
Pannel as one of the tiddlers that open upon the Tiddlywiki's startup.
That way they are present in the morning when I start working, or during
the day if I hit the home button to open the default tiddlers.

This is supported by I already have a group of tiddlers that appear in my
tiddlywiki journal if they are tagged withspecific dates, with the .  These
tiddlers have the suffix "Tickler," so they are easy to identify.  I insert
the above code in

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/11d039ef-1c9b-457e-ae39-ed3f24a680f8%40googlegroups.com.