Totally! This has been my biggest pain point with TiddlyWiki. The pallate
system is excellent but underused by the vanilla theme. We don't have
enough good looking pallates. I made a dark background pallate that I use
in all my wikis but I had to do a couple tweaks, I think. And codemirror
should use the pallate for the background and foreground colors.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSTwrpxPSSbrWMybZJqwAMWLWD%2BFvfvoCZupw6yN_mo9MQ%40mail.gmail.com.