First,

I am sure the answer is yes to handling tags as mathematical sets. But I am
still not clear on your Question, in part because I believe there is basic
functionality allowing this, and yet you have already created a plugin.

What do you mean associated? Do you simple mean tagged.

If you have any list generated by a filter you can use this list of
tiddlers that result to act as the input to another process.

When it comes to identifying a single parent on a tiddler you could have a
problem if it has multiple tags, one solution is to store the parent in a
custom field such as Marios https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/tocP/ ToCP
offers.

I can help more but only when I understand your needs better.

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/31ce1b9a-5305-4108-8ceb-b87b83c30800%40googlegroups.com.