I think the approach would be to make a recursive macro, similar to the TOC
macros, that just returns a list of tags including descendant tags. Then
wrap that macro call in a wikify widget in order to turn it into an actual
list of tags (Wikifying macros is a trick I learned from Tony, BTW).

Of course, if it was something that got a lot of use, then a javascript
filter (e.g. "grandtags") might be more versatile.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/df5f0581-e903-4182-8130-ba550c04fa4d%40googlegroups.com.