@TonyM,

Thanks for the suggestion!  I tried this ...

I created a new empty child wiki - worked fine.
Created a child Introduction Edition wiki - as expected, it shut down the
Bob server
C&P the tiddler and theme folders from Introduction Edition into the empty
child wiki - again the Bob server was shut down.

Very strange.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/aec61844-3341-4047-b944-9b51536f412c%40googlegroups.com.