Mark/.Michelle,

I recently requested that the New Journal button be updated to include a
journal-date field so this could be queried and sorted on including
modified if needed since the Journal title is not always easy to sort on as
you found.

I suppose for you the horse has bolted, but creating a macro to generate
the journal-date from the created date on all journal tiddlers could set
you up to use this in the future.

In my own organiser I have a macro to do this, and journals can be created
from a date field, with <<new-journal-date item-started>> so I can create a
new journal from any date, in which the created date will vary from the
journal date.

But I have attached an edited version of the core new Journal button that
adds the Journal date field.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ff3d2fb2-59df-450b-b8bd-099d2417fecf%40googlegroups.com.