Dear all,
 Many thanks for your comments and ideas!

   1. I understood we can set the paper size and margin using css. I tested
   this using conditional css
   (https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#Custom%20Styles%20FAQ)
   2. For printing into high quality pdf or printers, the print-river
   plugin seems to work but it needs to be improved
   3. The footnot plugin is good for start but we need to be able for
   scientific citation and be able to use Mendely
   (https://www.mendeley.com/?interaction_required=true) or similar from web.
   It seems we can also do this using some plugins
   4. For math, we can use the Katex plugin! It works greats

Special thanks to Josiah for discussing this in depth!

I believe, TW has enough potential to replace MS words and similar for
small scale contents like booklets, articles (I mean scholarly)

Cheers
Mohammad

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/96400725-53be-4992-82cf-d39ae7a82a20%40googlegroups.com.