On Thursday, 3 January 2019 13:15:07 UTC+1, Watt wrote:

> Hey Joe, where you going with that ChandlerDone in your hand?' - Hendrix
> meets The Big Sleep?

I'm doing this to learn the TW - I want to write all the code myself and
understand every line
which is why I don't want to use plugins (yet :-)

The next thing to add to Chandler is a calender - I want to cause
activities to be added to NOW
on a timer (so I need a change tags to 'chandler' + 'now' at time T) and I
currently have no
idea how to do this.

> This is very nice. It works on TWApp for mobile too. Links, transclusions
> and list filters created in the edit text also work.
>
> For mobile use can I ask;
>
> 1. How to increase the size of the buttons?

Good question - no idea yet - I guess you do view source figure out the css
class and modify it

> 2. The title of the tiddler to be created, eg ChandlerDone, is shown
> before clicking on the edit pen icon that creates it. Is it possible to
> show it after clicking the 'done' tick as well? (Maybe as a link).

Maybe :-)

> 3. The title of the new target tiddler is pre-named in the Macro eg . Is
> there a way to enter the new title in the text edit window at the point of
> creation?

Probably - but since you have to enter it once this seems like an
unessential feature

> 4. Clicking done displays the new text in the 'host' tiddler. Is it
> possible to display the title only, with the edit pen beside it so that the
> new tiddler can be edited in place if necessary but its contents aren't
> displayed. (My use case might be different to Joe's - I'm aiming at one
> home tiddler on a mobile that lists tiddlers created and allows me to edit
> them without leaving the Home tiddler. If I want to see their full content
> I click on the edit pen or open the tiddler itself.)
>
> I realise BTC time is a precious commodity so ignore any of these requests
> if they're too complicated. This Macro is already super useful as it is.
> Big Thanks to you and Joe.

Glad you liked it - it is actually rather useful - I've set my homepage to
Chandler and it's nice to juggle
the Now and Later jobs.

Again my goal is understanding and beautiful code.

I rather like the Chandler Tiddler code

{{ChandlerButtons}}
{{ChandlerNow}}
{{ChandlerLater}}
{{ChandlerDone}}

Using transclusions to structure the code is very nice -- unfortunately the
code in the transclusions
is not so beautiful

Cheers

/Joe