Thanks for the response.  Yes, it is subtle indeed.

I had tried that technique (and thought I mentioned it in my message; I
don't know where it went.)

I've never mixed HTML with tiddlywiki text before, so I can't tell what's
going wrong.  But if I wrap the contents of that tiddler in <div
class="...">...</div>, the display is destroyed, starting at the first
fenced code block.  You see this at
http://scott.sauyet.com/tiddlywiki/FiraCode2.html.

Is this an easy fix?

  -- Scott