Josiah,

I wrote a large post and lost it. I can repost soon. Its key items were,

I have identified a way to make the sentenial batch very efficient and
potentially configureless. no need to worry about timing or performance impact.
The same should work for bash scripts, but I could not write the bash one,
except slowly. Perhaps I can even simplify it from a user and filename
perspective including providing multi folder handling eg empty lives in
documents/empty folder and prerelease in documents/prerelease.

However I must review marks script in detail first.

This is leading us down an interesting path which seems to be getting smoother
as the idea matures.

What I can bring to this is my history as a batchfile guru many years ago, and
some tricks I have up my sleeves.

Chat soon
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2e334fb0-77be-4e96-99ad-73d77c61fa6c%40googlegroups.com.