Mark S. wrote:

> Re your ps script, I don't see where "downloaddir" gets used -- am I
> missing something?

Its simply an added line ...

cd $downloaddir

 The idea is to have script run in "downloads" but can be located elsewhere.

I had been thinking of having a separate configuration file. It might be
> easier to implement in powershell as a JSON file. Admittedly, your
> configuration
> file would be easier to read. Do you think JSON will be adequate?

Yeah, I think INI is an easy user readable format. But I think JSON should
not be much more difficult to read or edit.

> ... are you just saying it's easier on the user to specify a single
> file/path at once? I can see that.

Exactly that. It visually works better and I think less likely to lead to
entry errors.

> I just want the user to think a little bit about the stem issue. They
> might not realize that "mytiddlywiki.html" will overwrite
> "mytiddlywiki5.html".

Right. I looked around for PS examples of how to precisely split out the
exact NAME.EXT from a full path (rather than $stem). Hopefully that would
reduce the potential overwrite problem? Unfortunately I didn't find one yet.

> I'm not sure what exe brings to the table. I guess it's a way to reduce
> every thing (initially) to a single file. But the user will still need to
> hand-edit a configuration file, so does it matter?

I don't think it matters. I mentioned it partly for TonyM to show how I
personally convert Batch to Exe sometimes for convenience. But thats not I
think an easily generalisable idea. More an indication that some end users
can launch the PS script, and supplement it, in several ways quite easily.

My thinking, now having read you comments, is *basic release* might be ...

 1 - settings file
 2 - PS1 script
 3 - Plus a very simple BAT file that simply launches PS with the script.
(I don't mean my custom batch which stands currently only as a use case)

All three placed in the same directory. Something like that?

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0e635844-6729-485e-b4b0-79c077f4bb87%40googlegroups.com.