Mohammad & PMario:

> The download folder on windows is known so set it and lets user only
> change the user name

Actually we can detect the precise download address no problem, since
%userprofile% is an available environment variable.

Mark & I are started thinking about it, as well as use of other
%env-settings% ---following some comments by Scott.

>From my point of view I *also want the user to be able to override any auto
setting easily*.
This is because some users set different browsers to different download
addresses.

Advanced use of Polly should allow multiple settings files.

TT

> One confusion is! I have set the automatic backup I changed something in
> browser and save it and want to refresh! What should I do
> stay 60 sec to see if polly have done her job? Or stop polly make a backup
> using O (once) and return to browser!
>
> One solution: Instead of time period for saving lets polly scan the
> download folder and if a change is detected then start the backup!
> I recommend what Riz has used in his Timimi addon
>
> --Mohammad
>
> On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 12:08:07 AM UTC+4:30, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:
>>
>> Mark S. wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mohammad,
>>>
>>> The ini file itself, however it's created, is very simple. Much simpler
>>> than the JSON files required for Bob or TiddlyServer.
>>> We should probably include a sample ini for people who want to hand-roll
>>> their own.
>>>

>> "Ini" is a very old standard. It is probably the simplest setting system
>> ever.
>>
>> Polly does not need anything more complex. And ini files in her do a lot,
>> simply.
>>
>> Part of our issue is we developed already something so featured (Restore,
>> Backup. Zip Archive, Parrot)  that can be run via a menu, or automated in
>> two ways.
>>
>> The very richness is a sign we got  it right. I think Mark & I stumbled
>> on an obvious that is very rich. I am not even sure even we yet understand
>> fully ourselves yet  the territory we wander in.
>>
>> But I do think documentation needs work because Polly is  SO flex
>>
>> TT
>>

>>> Here's a variation of one I actually use. Note that currently you have
>>> to specifically tell polly what files you want to
>>> restore. We hope to add the ability for polly to automatically restore
>>> all the directories in a given directory. That ability
>>> will have to come with some caveats. For instance, if someone wanted
>>> files to be automatically restored that are
>>> in the downloads directory, there might be a clash of files.
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>>

>>> [general]
>>> downloaddir=C:\users\mark\Downloads
>>> backupzipdir=C:\Users\Mark\Downloads\polly-backup-zip
>>> backupdir=C:\Users\Mark\Downloads\polly-backup
>>> ; --- TIMING: seconds to wait between checks
>>> waitseconds=60
>>> ; --- WIKIS DIRECTORY (optional): useful if all wiki are nest under one
>>> directory
>>> wikidir=C:\temp\tony
>>> ; --- LIST OF WIKIS FOR RESTORE PROCESS
>>> [wikis]
>>> ;file1=C:\temp\wikis\notes\noter.html
>>> ;file2=C:\temp\wikis\todu.html
>>> file3=C:\temp\wikis\to.du.htm
>>> ;file4=D:\data\Wikis\notes\notes.html
>>> file5=D:\data\TW2014\Todo.html
>>> ;file6=C:\Users\Mark\Downloads\notees-n-scratches.html
>>> file7=D:\data\Wikis\bible\Bible.html
>>> ;file8=D:\data\TW2014\Galaxy_Notes.html
>>> ;file9=D:\data\TW2014\TW-Personal-v5.html
>>> ; --- LIST OF PARROTS
>>> ;   Parrots are copies of files "restored" to locations other than the
>>> ;   original location. They are matched with the original restore
>>> ;   files by stem and extension.
>>> [parrots]
>>> file1=C:\temp\parrots\notees-n-scratches.html