When I step over the line it takes six seconds to show up for the next
line. However, when I run a performance profile of the page and do exactly
one action -- opening the control panel -- it still takes about 6 seconds
but the performance profile shows thousands of refresh calls down the
widget tree one after the next for six seconds. It blames the whole thing
on sortByList, and specifically the replaceItem function inside it, but I'm
still investigating it.